Discussion in   Help!   started     6 years ago   December 21, 2017, 10:55:23 PM   by   Schuyler Bain

A pet that won't gain magic resist

Schuyler Bain
140 Posts
Topic :   A pet that won't gain magic resist
6 years ago  December 21, 2017, 10:55:23 PM

Ahoy - I have a homunculus that I have been training up. I have Tactics, Wrestling, Anatomy, Magery, Eval, and Meditation raised to 100 each. However I cannot get resist to raise above 46.6. I have tried casting different resist-able spells on it, I have had guild mates try the same. I have taken it out and had mobs cast on it and it won't budge. Has anyone else seen this behavior in a pet? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks

Schuyler Bain
140 Posts
#1 Re :   A pet that won't gain magic resist
6 years ago  December 29, 2017, 09:52:51 AM

Ahoy - any thoughts on this? I have tried different characters, had guildmates cast, and even tried other homunculus (homuncului?). All seem to be stuck at the Spell Resist they were born with. I just want to know if I am doing something wrong, if this is a bug and will need to be fixed at some point down the road or if it is by design so I can move on.

Thank ye

AlGrabo
3 Posts
#2 Re :   A pet that won't gain magic resist
6 years ago  January 04, 2018, 05:03:27 PM

let it battle a Training elemental and cast frequently the Level 1 mage spell "clumsy" on your  pet this worked for every pet i had eversince 8)

Schuyler Bain
140 Posts
#3 Re :   A pet that won't gain magic resist
6 years ago  January 04, 2018, 06:57:02 PM

Yep this was my first thought and what I started with as it has worked for me with every OTHER pet, but not with a homunculus two from different breeders in fact.