Discussion in   Help!   started     11 years ago   April 03, 2013, 08:05:19 PM   by   Blight

No Skils Showing

Blight
108 Posts
Topic :   No Skils Showing
11 years ago  April 03, 2013, 08:05:19 PM

I logged in today to find that all my spell icons and skill shortcut buttons were all removed from my screen. My text color was reset to default yellow and all my hotkeys were gone. This is all just annoying but what is concerning me is when I click to open my skills the skills list comes up blank, displaying no skills just a blank image.
Has anyone else seen this or know any ways of fixing it?

Meeko
13 Posts
#1 Re :   No Skils Showing
11 years ago  April 03, 2013, 08:44:38 PM

The skill list issue is as old as the game.  I saved my desktop.uos file to a separate folder and when I lose all my spells or they just get all out of alignment I just copy it back.  I forget the file you are suppose to delete to reset your skill list but the easiest thing to do is just back up your uo client folder and when errors occur just copy it back. 

I'm sure someone know what file to delete and what files to save that maintain the personal settings.

Blight
108 Posts
#2 Re :   No Skils Showing
11 years ago  April 04, 2013, 08:29:29 PM

I've done a bit of researching on whats up, I can't seem to find what file it is to replace. I have all my spell icons back in alignment and did copy over the desktop.uos to another folder so I'm all set on the spells issue.
But Im still having the problem of when I click on the Skills tab in my paperdoll, the gump opens and no skills are listed. This makes it impossible for me to drag the skills back to alignment or even view what my skills are even at.

If anyone has a link to a walkthrough or a good way to explain wtf is up with this situation I would be very greatful.

Dable
34 Posts
#3 Re :   No Skils Showing
11 years ago  April 04, 2013, 11:01:54 PM

as a short term fix Blight im sure you could use razor to set up hotkeys for the skills u cant drag out and also to view what your skills are at under the skills tab.

It sucks but its all i can think of as a way around it all for now..

Dable
34 Posts
#4 Re :   No Skils Showing
11 years ago  April 04, 2013, 11:05:00 PM
Blight
108 Posts
#5 Re :   No Skils Showing
11 years ago  April 05, 2013, 07:38:03 AM

Thanks dable that is the exact issue that im having.
I have gone in and made some hotkeys for my skills so I can still atleast use them. The issue becomes when moving or replacing the skillsgrp.mul file, the uo custom client we have doesn't have a desktop folder within it that has your character data folders.This is the folder that you need to copy the skillgrp.mul to. I tried to look everywhere in all folders of uo and razor and csnt seem to find where uo evo keeps the desktop folders or if it was even a part of our custom client.
If anyone can find their own character data folders and tell me where you found it that could be useful. The only other thought I had was a complete reinstall, but if the desktop folder is not part of the custon evo client then it wouldn't make a difference.
Gah this is very annoying