Discussion in   Help!   started     11 years ago   March 21, 2013, 08:19:02 PM   by   Belgaron

Pet Breeding / Leveling 101

Belgaron
73 Posts
Topic :   Pet Breeding / Leveling 101
11 years ago  March 21, 2013, 08:19:02 PM

Updates:
So here we go...

First lets do the breeding info..

Mom + Dad (current not max) / 2 + 1 , 2 or 3..  Max is Gen 10 ~OR~ level 45 max.
Stats and Max Levels over cap is NOT ok. Caps are the same as the Bio pets, or what the max is for when you hit  NPC info on it. Report any overage or the pet could be deleted and you may be jailed.

i.e. a 42+ 20 = 62 /2 = 31 rounded down I think if needed... + 1,2,or 3  so thats 2 max level 32-34  Both babies are one Gen higher...
What Gen a pet is dont matter because it wont effect your baby just its current level does.

DONT breed max level 30 current level 1 pets.  That would be a baby max of 2-4   =(

On to the stats / skills

They are averaged so Train them up on training elementals or monsters all the way to their current cap max (usually 100)

Stats are also averaged as well as HP/Mana/Stam

Leveling pets...

Check your pet,, some need 10K per base level to go up , some need up to 36K per.  Not harder just longer..
All they need to do is hit once..  if you take the monster down to low hp then hit pet kill it should be fine..  Spam All stop / All follow me if it gets attacked...Shrink and Unshrink if it would die from it..  Although it will still get exp from what it hit wile dead...
Exp is Averaged between all current pets that have done damage to the monster and are not shrunk..  So if its a big one use alot to take it down to 8-4% then shrink what you dont want getting exp.

Places to level them....

Stygen Dungeon has a spot on the north wall near the entrance from Tomb of Kings...  Fairy Dragons are super easy and respawn in like 45sec to 1 min.. yeld about 12-19K exp per solo pet...about 350 gold , and some ok jewelry (one skill of about +12 or so)  3 paragon Wyvern spawn their as well.  Fairy Dragons number in about 10.  Constant but not alot of exp.

The new monsters " Mystic of Gaia " is ok to kill and gives 80-130K per solo pet. They can be found around the outside of Ilish dungeons and shrines.

Next is the Gauntlet itself , in the middle of the south part of Doom is a NPC Necro and a red stone..  You can buy the Golden Skull to enter the gauntlet from it.. It will NOT pull the Bones from your reg key but it will pull them frm the bank box..  OR you can drop 1K on the NPC after asking her about Chyloth (left click her once)  you might have to drop some quests to get her to talk about it.  That will summon a Giant Skeleton which once dead will pop the skull in your bag.  On the other side of that rooms south wall their is a bell and a ship , click the bell and wait for the tiller man...Dont wait to long because he will summon a Skele Dragon and despawn (just ring it again).  Once he is their drop the golden skull on him he will teleport you on the boat, step on the glyph to tele to another boat and that glyph to get off it.

Each wing of the gaunt has a boss level monster,  Their are 5 I think.  The tele pad into the room will not bring your pets if they are more then 3 spaces away so wait on them to get close or shrink them.  They are not too hard just alot of HP.  Each kill on a solo pet is 250-350K exp.   Nice gold and some items..  Each one "could" put a doom arti and/or doom scrolls in your pack.
Once all the wings are clear ( ank on the north route with some NPC's ) a Father will spawn in the middle.  Fathers are mega HP not bad melee and spell casters.  They also throw bones at you wich sprout into monsters from skeles to Bone Knights , Rotting Corpses , Mummy , Litch , etc..  great for area HP regen like wither or whirlwind in vamp form.  Once dead they drop ALOT of scrolls and some ok Jewelry,  and give out a whopping 1-1.3mil exp per solo pet.  They also have doom arti's but have added ones to their list like Fortune Chest , Magi Hat , etc..  they are NOT common so dont worrie about no arti if you do a full run..  once the father is dead the other rooms all respawn,  They do on their own as well after some time.  You can camp out their it wont kick you , gray teleporter near the boat will take you out.

Champs with pets are good exp as well but they can get surrounded and you may not be able to heal them.

Word of advice on the gaunt...  One room contains a Shadow Knight  they hide when at 35-40% HP left  so have a pet follow them ( not attack )  it wont get exp nor share it with the other unless it hits it once so use a maxed pet if you have one,  it will run to its hide spot.  you "could" use Tracking  but why when thats much faster.

Some other monsters give great exp as well but their spawn time is so slow it makes it boring and not very efficient.

How to Level a Pet...

Level 1-7 on new tame or not maxed on breeding is all HP
8-12 is for resistances when they open up , then back to HP
Once attack open max them, then back to HP
Once Armor opens up max it then back to HP
Once HP is maxed (more for gen 2's ) max stam if it has a Firebreath or Heal like CU.  Mana is for magery if it has it.
Try and only get 29+  thats when armor opens I think.   Damage reduction before resistances.
By gen 3 you should be breeding fresh baby with 2K hp and close to max resis and attack.  Armor seems not to be averaged but its only 70 max so not too bad to lvl.

Any extra points save for stat loss on pets 40+ , you could add a firebreath (if it don't have one already) to a pet but the others are worthless.  It will shoot it every 9 sec or so and use its stam.

I will breed a pet you have with another you have anytime you have 2 worked up , and you can have both babies !!!  just PM me.

I hope this helps a little heh

Mosh
2 Posts
#1 Re :   Pet Breeding / Leveling 101
11 years ago  March 22, 2013, 05:51:39 AM

Thanks a lot. That's a lot of great advice.

billtcat
202 Posts
#2 Re :   Pet Breeding / Leveling 101
11 years ago  March 22, 2013, 11:20:57 AM

Just a quick addition. Unless the animal already has the Firebreath ability there is no use using points for it.  Ancient Nightmares have it as do Reptalons

Bill The Cat

Soronume
30 Posts
#3 Re :   Pet Breeding / Leveling 101
11 years ago  March 23, 2013, 12:59:34 AM

Belgaron,

You are an Ace, mate. This answered a lot of questions that I had about the pet and breeding system here that I could not seem to find the answers to anywhere else I looked. I cannot thank you enough for sharing it with us. You are an asset to the community.

Your Friend and Fellow Evolutionite,

Lord Soronume