Discussion in   Help!   started     6 years ago   August 09, 2017, 12:01:12 PM   by   Aryth

Some Bee Keeping questions..

Aryth
2 Posts
Topic :   Some Bee Keeping questions..
6 years ago  August 09, 2017, 12:01:12 PM

Hello and thanks for clicking my post.  I have a small garden going on top of my tower and decided that maybe raising bees in the area would be fun and work well together since I read that bees must have flowers around.. This brings me to my questions since it seems my beehives were failing from the start.

I placed 2 beehives (plan for many more, but just to learn) next to each other.  I had a trough 4 tiles away and 4 decorative flowers right next to beehives in a line 1 tile away.  I guess this was not right?  I read the flowers can be decorative, but cannot find any information about the water source..

Could someone give me some hints? Like, for 1 beehive, what kind of water source and flowers do I need and how close / far must they be? I placed the setup on the roof, assuming bees would like it outside (haha) but should I do it in a room on a lower floor?

And please know I PREFER figuring things out myself and learning by doing, but I just cant seem to get this one even with the help of wiki and google. So any tips would be highly appreciated.. Thank you in advance.

Phear
55 Posts
#1 Re :   Some Bee Keeping questions..
6 years ago  August 09, 2017, 01:24:11 PM

A decorative champion flower and a pitcher of water  locked down next to the beehive should work, you also have to wait a bit so the bees recognize the resources

Aryth
2 Posts
#2 Re :   Some Bee Keeping questions..
6 years ago  August 09, 2017, 02:31:35 PM

Thank you so much for the quick response!  I will start with the jugs of water and what flowers I DO have while I figure out where to get a champion flower  :D