Discussion in   Report Bug   started     7 years ago   January 25, 2017, 11:50:11 AM   by   VINDICATOR

Lumberjacking

VINDICATOR
16 Posts
Topic :   Lumberjacking
7 years ago  January 25, 2017, 11:50:11 AM

So decided i could spend some free time collecting runics. Well i started with only 120 skill and would see about 50 frost runics in around 3 hours....so i decided to try and use a regular axe and promote the wood when i find blood wood....yeah about double the time for 50 runics. So i built a suit socketed it out and mad it all the way to 456 skill. Well tested for over two days with a garg tool and with a regular... and no change what so ever in the amount of frost i would see or runics. so its looking like the skill has no effect what so ever. i can farm gold and buy runics faster....This seams the case with most framing type actions...well drops as well. Makes me sad thinking every peace of gear i use i purchased from someone who donated and had the items made. i like some reward for playing the game. I was very hopeful lumber jacking would be a good answer to my loss of reward from in game work. Please tell me i am hitting the tree wrong or that i must have a flannel shirt or something.

Sturger
730 Posts
#1 Re :   Lumberjacking
7 years ago  January 25, 2017, 12:04:48 PM

*hands out a forest colored flannel shirt*

Thanks for bringing this up. I am not sure it is a bug, but on the other hand I know it is certainly an issue.

If Kane doesn't get around to giving his view on this-- in a couple days-- I'll be sure to ask him about it the next time we chat.

I can only suggest not giving up Vindicator. The next step is more testing, on your part, followed by patience. Give Staff time to look into this.

--Sturger, of Skara Brea; reporter at large, EVO-Herald--

VINDICATOR
16 Posts
#2 Re :   Lumberjacking
7 years ago  January 25, 2017, 12:17:22 PM

Right on man, Thank you for the support :)

lysanthir
55 Posts
#3 Re :   Lumberjacking
7 years ago  January 25, 2017, 02:41:11 PM

I've been chopping to get frostwood runics for so long and according to my experiences (tested it with 160 lumberjacking and 290 lumberjacking) I couldn't see much difference too. Also I have been told the base skill has the biggest role in this (means if you reach 160 with 110 base lumberjacking, it won't be the same when you reach 160 with a base skill level of 120)

Have to mention one more thing.. There are some type of trees there, in the forests, that you can't get any respond when you target them with an axe. Just nothing happens when you try, even if you do it over and over. Not sure why that happens but wanted to share. (Those trees are not static by the way, might get reset after every restart for server)

Agni-WhiteFlame
23 Posts
#4 Re :   Lumberjacking
7 years ago  January 25, 2017, 03:17:42 PM

I have the same issue with mining. Here is my take on it, The amount of skill you have has nothing to do with how many elemental spawns or runics you will get. you just have to have the bare minimum to get bloodwood (on in my case, electrum) and then once you spot the node that is one level below what you need, use your garg tool. The extra skill in gathering (like mining, i dont know about lj) is ONLY used for a better chance at smelting the ore.

you don't need any extra gear or sockets to be very productive in LJ or Mining for runics, just for processing the wood/ore

This is just my take on it but as it is you can make a ton of money that way from it.

(as in 15 mil in just 3 days)

VINDICATOR
16 Posts
#5 Re :   Lumberjacking
7 years ago  January 26, 2017, 07:34:59 AM

Thanks for all the information. And i did notice the odd trees that don't have any wood, so odd...bet it is sposta spawn the bark. lmao

Sturger
730 Posts
#6 Re :   Lumberjacking
7 years ago  January 26, 2017, 03:54:13 PM

Keep bringing up things like this. I have started a list of my own... sighs. Now I am turning into Kane & Domino.

Everyone has a list, but I'm not checking it twice...

VINDICATOR
16 Posts
#7 Re :   Lumberjacking
7 years ago  January 27, 2017, 08:33:23 PM

Will do!!  Know a game of this magnitude takes a team to keep it up...doubt i could fathom the amount of work our gms do day by day all so i can play...and for this i am thankful.