Discussion in   Shard Updates   started     3 years ago   April 02, 2021, 07:49:55 AM   by   Kane

Shard Update April 02, 2021 [384]

Kane
591 Posts
Topic :   Shard Update April 02, 2021 [384]
3 years ago  April 02, 2021, 07:49:55 AM

This was that week where nothing went as expected.  Doesn't mean it was a waste or nothing was accomplished just a matter I had a plan and well, still have that plan.  Next week I will probably ignore the world to make sure I get the next phase of WM stuff done so if you need something, page or contact Dante odds are I won't even be looking.

I did make some Gold Ledger changes so I will give my warning, if I made a mistake and you find an exploit... let me and staff know so we can clean it up.  If you choose not to do that, your loss.  Someone will tell me eventually and I will find the people who exploited and they will be gone.  It happens..   Please be smart :)

All pvp kills are now logging, seems we have a player who likes to come on when he thinks no one is watching so he can kill alts for points with no value.  I could of messaged the player and said he stop but this isn't the only person who have ever done this so with some advancements in code I figured time to start logging this stuff.  This player wants to get a hold of me though before next Friday to convince me why he should get to keep any of his points, if he decides not to then next Friday I will move to zero his out and that will be the end of it.  The moral of the story is I am very black and white with cheating.

Virtue Points:  Just going to speak a little as far as what is on my mind with them.  I may change the mechanics or numbers how they work as I see them in action, as of this moment based on strength of the potion they have a 25,50,100 percent chance of removing evil enhancements and cause some damage to all in the small radius around the explosion.  They will spawn on the ground and be a stealable ( will be informing Sayla what I have in mind for these).  Once I am happy with the mechanic I will make them craftable but not as a normal potion, at the moment I plan on some kind of small craft system you can use at the Virtue Alters.

Version 384
Deco Deeds Added: 3 new items from Sayla
Unlock Spell Updated:  Will not work on Package Chests at this time, this will be updated shortly to work in a way much like the skill
Virtuel Potions Added:  These potions yield a small explosion of virtue which has a chance to dispel any evil enhancement such as the Witch Doctor Charm/Enchantment while also causing a little damage.  There are three different strengths for this potion, I will reveal more info as I play with these new mechanics.
Report Murderer Update: Normal PvP kills will now be logged
Gold Ledger Update:  Added a fill from pack feature that handles both gold and checks.  If I messed up please let me know, if you find an exploit and decide to use it… They won’t find your body.
Trait System Updated:  Added a new method for removing traits
Dynamic Logging Updated:  Added additional features for packaging needed data