Discussion in   Shard Updates   started     1 year ago   April 21, 2023, 10:08:46 AM   by   Kane

Shard Update April 21 2023 [463]

Kane
591 Posts
Topic :   Shard Update April 21 2023 [463]
1 year ago  April 21, 2023, 10:08:46 AM

If being honest the new server is doing what I expect, showing how many mistakes I made.  It was unexpected that I had to do it but I do think it is on the path for being solid.  I do apologize for the 2 crashes this week and think I have that issue ironed out.
I will be attempting to do some Today Version 2 testing this week. I know there was a delay on this but sometimes it is just best to clean the slate and recode.  This was one of those moment and think it was for the best over all.
Captcha System has been updated as some may have noticed.  There is a cooldown on resource gathering if you start to fail questions.  I am also logging quite a bit here to determine what is going on.  
What is Ultima Nucleus you asked?  There is tons of code on this server and every person who has added to it as overlapping functionality, how many different ways do we need to count your gold?  This project is geared towards cleaning all of this up and find issues. The idea is this will not take up time, will just be on going process as I code normally.

Version 463
Server Backups:  The two crashes this week were related to these systems
Event Sheduler Updated: Removed
Event Network Added: Redesigned and coded a new scheduler for the Today System V2. Just way to many glaring holes and found a few limitations I was not happy with.
Ultima Nucleus Added: I will be using this framework to build out functionality in UO.
Captcha Updated: By popular demand a new captcha system goes into effect. I am like Santa now, I will see when you pass and fail, plus making a list or a log at any rate.
World Save Updated: Backup manager now has a 1 day grace period, this will give me a little more time to catch issues.
Ultima Nucleus - SysOptions Added: Handles options for different systems.
Ultima Nucleus - Error Reporting Added: Handles error reporting.
Ultima Nucleus -  System Reporting Added: Handles System reporting for me to gather information
Today System V2 Updated: Additional functionality to work with Event Network