Discussion in   Shard Updates   started     3 years ago   December 11, 2020, 08:45:45 AM   by   Kane

Shard Update December 11, 2020 [367]

Kane
591 Posts
Topic :   Shard Update December 11, 2020 [367]
3 years ago  December 11, 2020, 08:45:45 AM

A few things this week, I have started making my rounds regarding the AFK nature of a few players.  Take your chances if you want and I am not responsible if your script eats your gear.

I had 1 player come to me with this week with a well thought out, detailed idea of something to encourage PvP.  The basics of the idea won't take long to put into existance and it will give a good area to test some things for Factions (Some of which I have not figured out how I will test so this solves tons of issues for me).   His idea that I am working from is I will be adding a new Dungeon (to start with) on the facet Hades, as you might already notice below it is not for the faint of heart.  When you kill there you will get a special currency, if someone/something kills you before you have a chance to leave and convert it you will lose it and who kills you will get a share of your loss.  Still based on his idea the reward system will be based on a different version of the slot machine. There will also be custom treasure chests in this dungeon.  This will work completely different then the current version you see and experience at this time.  There is already a list of possible rewards that came with the idea plus going to add the War Master stuff into this, just seems fitting and we really need a home for it.  I can see this at a starting operational point in January.

I cannot stress the difference for me when I get a well thought out idea and some wide paint brush stroke where someone has an idea of "Why don't you update Dungeon X" or SOS Maps or something.  Great, I love the idea.. I agree with the idea.  No one has a clue how much effort it takes to get from that point to a codable point.  I have several ideas of my own that I am working on, fleshing out to a point where it is codable but if you have something better, I will push mine to the side and do that first.  After all, you play here.

Next.. Commodity Deeds will need to be recoded for me to do more with.  That will take about a day and half of some tedious coding to do because it will require updating every item that can currently be used with Com Deeds.  Just a matter of the time really, I do see it has some value because while the current system is not useed a lot, with some changes so it can do more.. it could.

Version 367
Stealing System Updated:  Can now add a failure message with a passive skillcheck against Detect Hidden to determine if a player sees it.
12 Days of Christmas Updated:  Everything ready to start on the 13th
Detect Hidden Updated:  Handles new passive check
New Facet Added:  Hades, this will serve as a very heavy PvP area
Base Boat Updated:  No boats allowed in Hades
Region Updated:  No recall/gate/marking type spells allowed
Bank Crystal Updated:  Cannot be used in Hades
Public Gate Updated:  Will not work in Hades, this includes Personal Teleporters
Commodity Deed Updated:  Cleaned up a few things
ML Gems Updated:  Added the ability to put in a Commodity Deed
Interior Decorator Tool Updated:  Gives a warning message now
Remnant of Vecna's Soul Updated: It had a double message when applied. (Ancient version as well)