Discussion in   Shard Updates   started     2 years ago   December 24, 2021, 08:06:41 AM   by   Kane

Shard Update December 24, 2021 [420]

Kane
591 Posts
Topic :   Shard Update December 24, 2021 [420]
2 years ago  December 24, 2021, 08:06:41 AM

First let me wish everyone a Happy Holiday and hope everyone was safe and had fun.  Not quite when I wanted but finally got everything in place to add some new items to the Task Market.  As stated below this first step is merely to test out the new features added as I was building to this point.  Odds are there will be the need for a few tweaks along the way but once the dust settles I have a few more things in store for the Task System/Market.

I have had several people come to me this week pointing out another shard that is doing the 12 Days of Christmas quest line, some of the players were actually upset.  So let me say this, I am not upset and there is no reason for anyone to be really.  People say coping someone is a form of flattery, to me it as a developer if you are busy coping me then I know where you are at.. my rear view mirror.  Odds are I am busy working on how to make it better.  More importantly it shows what they missed, why I create things in the first place.  The 12 Days isn't about how many things you can get or even keeping someone busy for 12 days straight, it is about me trying to create Christmas morning on the shard.  That excitement of wondering what you will get and yet have to wait until the 25th to find out.  Every year we add more to the presents kind of a way to reflect on what we did the last year and a taste of what is to come.

I do want to especially thank Sayla and Domino, I really doubt anyone grasps better then me what they do and how important they are/have been in making Evo what it is today.  I know I get a lot of credit but this is always a team effort between the three of us.  As many may not be aware before the Holiday started both had to step away from the game and due to different reasons and it was only because of them coming back was this Holiday season able to be what it was.  They do not get enough credit for what they do.

Finally I just want to wish everyone the best next year and good luck.

Version 420
Dreg of Vecna’s Soul Added:  New piece for the skull of vecna that handles Necro/SS
Task System Updated:  The market has received its first update (There is more I want to do with this but I need to make sure the new code is working as expected)
Contract System Updated:  Created a new test base for the move to Version 2
Resist Report:  Resolved a few odd issues due to some unique gear items on the server.
Regions Updated:  Feature enhancements
Tinkering Craft Updated:  Changed the requirements needed for Powder crafting vials.
Deco Deeds Added: 18 new item from Sayla