Discussion in   Shard Updates   started     3 years ago   January 02, 2021, 08:47:40 AM   by   Kane

Shard Update January 02, 2021 [370]

Kane
591 Posts
Topic :   Shard Update January 02, 2021 [370]
3 years ago  January 02, 2021, 08:47:40 AM

This is one of those Updates where I am waiting for something go wrong, it is probably 90-95% of the Hades code.  This will give me time to work out issues and set things up, while the code is mostly done I still have some detailed configs to put together and test.  We are still on target for opening and public testing in the month of January.

Version 370
Regions Updated: Added cut outs for Hades
Go Updated: Added locations for Narza and Hades (Staff thing)
Region - Hades General Added: Basic region for normal area in Hades
Region - Hades PvP Added: PvP Dungeon for Hades to handle specialized code for specific mechanics and altered game play.
Deco Deeds Added: 32 new items from Sayla
Magic Lock Updated:  Preventing it from working on Package Chests
Remove Trap Updated: Preventing it from working on Package Chests
Magic Trap Updated: Preventing it from working on Package Chests
Package Chest Updated: Added Trap Reward feature
Remove Trap Skill Updated:  Added Package Chest handlers
Container Logging Updated: Small feature so I can track a few things
House Drop Report Updated:  Updated for recent staff stages
Hades Monsters Added:  First batch, there will be more coming and these need to be tweaked.  I was mostly going for a shell going forward with the basic idea of what I want just not completely tested out with players to establish balance and vision
Boots of the Soul Walker Updated:  One of the first items I ever did here and had an issue when applying certain sockets.  This should clean up the issue.
Combat Controller Updated:  Can handle Hades options
Hades Moongate Added:  Gate system specific for Hades

************************************************************************************************************************************************

I wanted to take a moment and list some of the larger projects I see being developed over 2021.  What cannot be stressed is this is not an absolute list just some things I see at this point I want to put a solid effort into being accomplished.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Factions:  
1.  Today System Recode:  If it was just for the normal shard this wouldn't happen but given factions it needs to happen.  This will allow for for events to run on different maps without involving the other maps.  Also make for easier coding and testing of new events.  
2.  Today System Recode:  Currently only has 1 pool basically to check for events.   This needs to be expanded to several different pools.  This would allow for Map Events, Guild Events, Personal Events and finally what you see now.. Shard Events.  Once #1 happens this will be far easier to make happen and in fact will happen at the sametime just are different levels of work.
3.  Hades:  While it will be its own contained area it will also serve as a testing ground for some Faction material.
4.  Gate Keeper: One day in 2021 I will get the quiet week I need to make this happen.

Patcher:
1.  I have the files, once I get Hades open I will create a test version of the patcher.

Holiday Event System
The 12 Days of Christmas was a fun event but after 5 years it is time to put it to rest.  I have been working on a design for about 6 months now on not only replacing the 12 days but also something we can offer on many holidays.  This will be quite different then what you see now on Evo (or any shard for that matter).  I would love to start testing this out between March and July so that I have all the issues ironed out for big Holiday rush of Sept-Jan

Expeditions
I have been working on this design for a while now, I was going to start coding it in Jan however a player came up with Hades.  Not very often a player puts this much thought into something so felt it was worth me shelving this for Hades for a little bit.  This will offer not just a unique way to play UO but also something for pets as well.

Hades:  Time for some PvP.  This came to be from a player and I think it will be as blast plus not something we currently offer.  Plus a good steping stone into Faction code.

Now I do have tons of other small things on my list to do as well so this is in no way all I am doing, just some main things I want to see done in 2021.