Discussion in   Shard Updates   started     1 year ago   January 27, 2023, 09:18:12 AM   by   Kane

Shard Update January 27, 2023 [456]

Kane
591 Posts
Topic :   Shard Update January 27, 2023 [456]
1 year ago  January 27, 2023, 09:18:12 AM

Sayla and I had a meeting 3 weeks ago with a group of players and this is the start of the results of this meeting.  We do have more meetings to come but I also want to stress I will be using the voting not just to test the new system but also to find out answers to questions I have concerning up coming development efforts.  I do believe we share a common goal and desire to create a better playing experience.  Along with this new stuff, I am going to be spending some time on cleaning up some oustanding issues like spells and resists (there are a few not doing what they should be doing) and a special look at the Curse/Omen/Witch Doctor stuff.  I do think this could go along way to balancing a few things out. 

Just so no one is shocked, all votes will be rewarded with some kind of RME content!  So if you are not voting and ddin't read notes but find out 2 weeks from now, lesson learned is to read my dev notes.. and vote.

Today System [V1] Updated: Removed the InGame Wiki button and replaced with quick access to the Today System V2.  This will be a temp change while we are testing, plus the InGame Wiki needs an update too.  You can still get it from commands though if desired.
Today System [V2] Added: The ability to start, pause, resume, end, list (events), save, load, clear, list [manager] are currently in place so that we can test it all out with voting before adding additional complexity layers.  The difference between what V1 could do and V2 cannot be understated.  You can fully expect to see not just things like voting and previous monthly events but even random events, personal quests you can access, mini auctions.  Though now instead of like how the Monthly Events ran where everyone was after the same thing, you might be looking for a dragon while Billy is looking for Giant Spiders.  I want to tie this into the new Peerless Loot System because I want a player to always be working towards success and not just random RNG with each kill.
Tip System [V2] Added: The ability to save, load remove, list and add new tips in game which will then work their way into the other systems.  This is  the initial code release.