Discussion in   Shard Updates   started     2 years ago   November 19, 2021, 08:51:52 AM   by   Kane

Shard Update November 19, 2021 [416]

Kane
591 Posts
Topic :   Shard Update November 19, 2021 [416]
2 years ago  November 19, 2021, 08:51:52 AM

I know it doesn't seem like a long list of things done but given the number of hours spent with testing alone this week it is hard to really grasp what goes on behind the scene.  Something not listed is the effort underway to put the dev, test and live environments in sync and the process to ensure they stay that way.  When dealing with this much code over this much time and so many systems in different stages of work it is amazing what a mess is created.  This morning took me a little longer then expected doing the update to resolve a lot of this but I think I was able to get the part of the process completed that effects you playing.  I will finish ironing out this over the next few weeks but downtime for updates should actually be shorter by about 6 minutes now.  This does not deal with the actual save time (yet), at this moment this is focusing the running of the shard between the different envirornments.

I am pretty happy with the Gear Key, not found any issues during my testing.  Next week I will start updating the Task files in the background and use this area for how you can get the ingredients and recipes.  I will be adding a few other things to the Task Market as well plus I have some new features I want to code for the stone markets and this would be an excellent chance to test them out.

Version 416
Gear Key Updated:  Features are now in sync with the display of the recipe
Recipe Craft System Updated:  Feature display issue
War Master Sets Updated:  None armor pieces were not handling features correctly.
Hades Updated:  Serialization issue was discovered/resolved