Discussion in   UOE Herald   started     7 years ago   December 24, 2016, 05:03:33 PM   by   Sturger

Breaking News... 2016

Sturger
730 Posts
Topic :   Breaking News... 2016
7 years ago  December 24, 2016, 05:03:33 PM

On behalf of the staff, and myself, I wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday weekend.  8)

For those of us where Christmas is just another day, I wanted to wish you the best of days when an important occasion arises in your future.

A new year is almost upon us, I am so excited...  :o

--Sturger, of Skara Brea; reporter at large, EVO-Herald--

Edeltraud
17 Posts
#1 Re :   Breaking News... 2016
7 years ago  December 30, 2016, 12:05:23 PM

Wishing you the best always and thank you for all you do!

Morsax
115 Posts
#2 Re :   Breaking News... 2016
7 years ago  December 30, 2016, 11:36:27 PM

This year went by so fast, waiting to make a new start :)

Sturger
730 Posts
#3 Re :   Breaking News... 2016
7 years ago  January 12, 2017, 12:15:29 PM

Hello all,

I would like to wish everyone a belated Happy New Year. I really hope things have gotten off to a great start for all of you in 2017!

Speaking of which, lets start off this year, with some worthwhile quests. Some of you may know about them, already, but I'm betting that some of newer members, of the Evolution club, might not. SO... here goes:

1) **Feron's List** is a new addition, as of last year, to the 'Custom Quest' list. I should know, I wrote the walk through.  8) Anyways, the reward is a random--colored-- runic smithing hammer, and yes, the quest is repeatable. I recommend giving this one a try, if you're into blacksmithing stuff. (this is on my 'Beginners List' of things to do before turning Veteran)

2) Next is the **Big Game Hunter** quest; which Domino took the time to revamp, for us all to enjoy. Thanks Domino, and a shout out goes to Hatchi, who was one of the first people on the shard to complete it! You can find  more information on the Wiki, under custom quests, for this quest. [Tip] the turn in NPC-- Tapio, god of the hunt-- likes to hang out near large tree's close to the city of Yew. (this is on my 'Veteran's List' of things to do before trying Sin Dungeon)

3) The quest I would like to mention next, is a **Quest With No Name** which means no write up, either. I actually heard about this one the other day, through general chat tips. It starts close to the Hercule's quest, and has a reward I'd like to get my hands on; the Scribe's Key. I would love to share more information on it but it is vaguely talked about, and since I have yet to complete it, I am not 100% sure that the Scribe's key is the reward for turn-in. What I do know is it has a lengthy list of items needed before one can turn the quest in. Good luck to all who pursue this one. (this is on my list of:  'Things Everyone Should Take the Time To Do; Eventually')

4) The last quest, I'd like to mention, is the **Thieves Quest** found in Fel Buc's Den. It rounds out this news flash, because it is another quest not mentioned on the 'Custom Quest' section of the 'Evolution Wiki'. In order to start this quest you must find the NPC, Nostolkia, in a hut near the 'Pirate's Plunder' tavern. Speaking with him sends you on a worth while chain quest for some decent rogue armorments; which happen to be on display inside the quest givers hut. This quest is repeatable, has 7 potential options for a reward, and grants the shard, yet, another 'Armor Set' to play with. (this is on my list of 'Veteran Things to Do')

Well, that's all from me... have a great day!

Sturger, of Skara Brea; reporter at large, EVO-Herald--

Sturger
730 Posts
#4 Re :   Breaking News... 2016
7 years ago  January 25, 2017, 02:10:04 PM

Hello all,

I just wanted to point out that Reside and Hatchi are onto something. (trendy even)

If you feel that something on the wiki is outdated or needs to be talked about-- from an informative, for all, stand point-- please write it down and post it to the FAQ section of the forums.

Later on, after everyone has picked over the post, when everything feels right about it, then it might find it's way onto the wiki pages.

Thanks for everything everyone does for the shard and the wiki, it is truly awesome to be a part of something that will certainly last forever!

--Sturger, of Skara Brea; Editor, UOE-Herald--

P.S.  make sure to look for more 'wiki notes' in the FAQ every once in awhile, that's where I am sure to post plenty of mine in the near future.